Refundable PCR-test (free)
To obtain a refundable PRC test, you must fulfil one of the following conditions:
- You have received a text message with an activation code(CTPC) to get a COVID-19 test in a test centre:
- You were contacted by a contact tracing agent (test on day 7 from the day of the high-risk contact).
- If you returned from a red zone: you must take a first test on the 1st day after your return to Belgium and a second test on the 7th day after your return. You will receive a code for both tests. You must remain in quarantine until the result of your second test is known.
- Your GP/PSE doctor/company doctor has prescribed a test.
- You have symptoms of acute onset with no other obvious cause:
- At least one of the following major symptoms of acute onset with no other obvious cause:
– cough; shortness of breath; chest pain; loss of smell or taste;
- At least two of the following minor symptoms with no other obvious cause:
– fever; muscle aches; fatigue; rhinitis; sore throat; headache; anorexia; watery diarrhoea; acute confusional state; sudden fall;
- You have received a referral letter for a COVID-19 test from your school.
Children from 0 to 3 years old can get tested in all our test centers except at the Heysel, which is not suitable for pediatric care.
Payed test (free required)
You can make paid PCR tests in the following cases:
- You travel abroad
- You need to get tested but do not meet one of the conditions for a reimbursement from the INAMI
Several countries require foreigners to have a recent negative test certificate, to meet certain conditions, or to go into mandatory quarantine on arrival. You can find all compulsory requirements on the following website: https://diplomatie.belgium.be/en. People travelling abroad on an essential trip can now be tested in one of the testing centres mentioned below. You can buy a test at the price of 47.18euros per person. This test is not refundable by the INAMI.
You cannot travel abroad with a negative reimbursed PCR test.
- Paid tests can only be performed in the following test centres:
- Brussels- MIDI ( as from March 17th)
- Be sure to check the latest travel guidelines for each destinationand the validity period of your test. To find out more about the Belgian travel measures, click here.
- Online payment only. It is not possible to pay at the test centre.
- A TEST PURCHASED ONLINE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.